Thursday, April 30, 2009
As technologies rapidly advance, the number of competitors coming from new directions are sure to increase. SkyTerra, TerreStar and Philip Falcone's (Harbinger Capital Partners) satellite cell phone plan are prime examples of what the next big thing could be.
Friday, April 24, 2009
Spectrum Bridge solves this problem with a comprehensive valuation service. The knowledge and information gathered from a valuation report places a spectrum holder or buyer in the best position in the buying or selling process. Our valuations include analysis of:
- Recent transaction data from the SpecEx marketplace
- Geographic data mapping & analysis of FCC market boundaries and surrounding site based licenses
- The Brattle Group secondary market transaction history
- ComStudy research & analysis
- Industry & market demand
- Our proprietary pricing model based on current and future population projections
- Comparables of recent Spectrum sales
- New and Innovative methods for uses of the Spectrum Assets
- Enterprises using similar spectrum today
- Available equipment & application types
- Impact of Incumbents, unjust enrichment and build out-requirements
- Potential Impact of proposed, pending or recent FCC rule changes
- Mapping of spectrum assets and surrounding spectrum environment
- Spectrum Bridge Appraisal Report & Valuation Services
Click here to view a sample report (pdf) or call us at (407) 792-1570 x513 or toll free 1-866-598-7426
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
The Broadband Technology Opportunities Program consists of $7.2 in federal funding allocated for new and expanded broadband services projects. The program has been the subject of two months of NTIA and RUS sponsored roundtable discussions for the purpose of identifying key issues the government will need to better define before issuing final rules regarding grant qualifications and award processes.
With the first grants expected to be awarded in June, decisions will likely happen quickly and close to the deadlines. This webinar is designed to help prospective applicants keep their fingers on the pulse of the latest information and inform them with strategies they’ll need for obtaining broadband stimulus funds.
Some of the topics Dr. Bazelon and Mr. Stanforth will cover are:
- Project qualifications
- Application requirements, deadlines and funding schedules
- State governments’ role
- Details determining waivers for the proposed 20% capital investment
- Economic and financial strategies to create project visibility and priority
- Licensed spectrum’s role in securing Broadband Stimulus funds
- Strategies for quickly obtaining affordable spectrum
Attendees will have an opportunity to pose specific questions at the conclusion of the presentation.
Key presenter Dr. Coleman Bazelon is a principal at The Brattle Group, Inc., and an expert in regulation and strategy for the wireless, wireline, and video sectors. He consults and testifies on behalf of clients in numerous telecommunications matters, and frequently advises regulatory and legislative bodies, including the U.S. Federal Communications Commission and the U.S. Congress.
Peter Stanforth is the CTO and co-founder of Spectrum Bridge, Inc. Prior to Spectrum Bridge, Mr. Stanforth was co-founder and CTO of MeshNetworks, Inc., where he authored numerous patents on ad hoc and broadband wireless technologies.
Attendance is free, but seats are limited. To register: http://www.stimuluswebinar.com/
Monday, April 6, 2009
Our partnership with Widelity was officially announced this week on their Website's news & resources page. Spectrum Bridge has been building an "ecosystem" of wireless partners and Widelity is a valuable addition to this group.
In regard to the partnership, Widelity principal partner Ed Myers said:
“We believe Spectrum Bridge is ahead of the curve with their wireless ecosystem and online spectrum brokerage services. If we can assist Spectrum Bridge’s clients execute and operationalize their spectrum purchases, then everybody wins.”
To learn more about partnerships and business relationships with Spectrum Bridge, please visit our partner page.
Friday, April 3, 2009
Ideal for broadband and transport, including providing services in underserved and un-served areas, FiberTower's spectrum licenses cover 99 percent of the United States. Their 39 GHz portfolio is now listed on SpecEx.com, the online marketplace for spectrum(TM).
The spectrum may be used for:
- point-to-point broadband links
- schools and libraries
- government agencies
- public safety
- disaster response
- and more